Sunday, May 8, 2016

Rein Chapter 2

Chapter 2
The Beginning of the End

“The world is in your hands now, oh great Dark One,” said Lukas, bowing towards the man dressed in black sitting in an equally black kingly chair. RokshaFa. Lukas had no idea why his master was so obsessed in the darkness of black. Or why he had some strange rituals that he did to worship his master, whose name was not to be spoken in his presence.
“It is not as secure as you may think!” the Dark One said, “Gazilleon still exists. When he dies I will not have any risks of losing all I have gained from the last years.”
“What do I do about it, great Dark One?” he inquired, now trembling in his bow.
“Find him you idiot! Bring me him dead,” he yelled. Then he said softly grinding his silver teeth, “If you manage to survive yourself, that is.”
“I will bring him back Dark One, I swear,” Lukas pleaded.
“No you will not! If you think like that you will die in the effort,” he shot at him sharply. The noise was so loud and sharp it pierced his eardrum until it almost cracked. Lukas winced a little, but not too much, it would be terrible if the great Dark One noticed.
“I have come up with a plan,” the man dressed in the shade of black continued, “Ever since all the inhabitants of this world tried to drown themselves a whole thirty years ago because of the Quake, but they were rescued by the cursed El-Rohi and now the people still live. The water is inhalable now, but I can reverse His effect, everyone will drown. Unlike thirty years ago, they will die, along with Gazilleon. With this plan we do not even need to find the cursed man.”
“But-” Lukas blurted out. He immediately regretted it as he spoke.
“No argument!” he said with his ear-piercing scream again.
“Yes, yes oh great Dark One. I won’t argue,” Lukas trembled uncontrollably.
“But I need you for my plan,” he continued telling Lukas, “For my plan to succeed I need to find out how to decay the water until it becomes normal again, and for that I need samples of the water from the deepest part of the ocean.”
“Yes, but how much do you need to get a good idea of what you need to counteract the water, or should I say, air?”
“One hundred gallons from the main city. It will be trickier than you think, it is like air, not water anymore.”
“So I am supposed to-” Lukas paused, he did not want to regret saying anything offensive to his unforgiving master, maybe he should have stayed with ShabbaFa, at least he was a bit more gracious.
“Yes master Dark One, RokshaFa. I will get one hundred gallons of air from the bottom of the ocean.
“Good, you will pretend to be a stranger in the main city of the men underwater, Shalohim.”
“Yes sir Dark One, I will do so,” he acknowledged.
Lukas stood up and walked out of the room, through the wide oak doors and out towards the world outside. This was the beginning of the ending of the city called Shalohim.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you thought of this.